Advertisement:

Has a professor ever apologized to a student?

Discussion in 'Other Useful Educational Tips' started by ItuExchange, Dec 14, 2016.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• GL Legend
    • Guru Member

ItuExchange GL Legend

Message Count:
    Sponsored Links:
    Why, of course. I've apologized to students individually and to classes collectively. It could be for something I said, or it could be for a poor class I taught.

In fact, every semester I usually leave one to two classes of slack in my schedule knowing that sooner or later I will screw up. About fifteen minutes into class I know when it's going poorly, and ask the class, “This isn't going well, is it?” If enough of them say yes and I don't see how to salvage it right away, I usually stop right there, tell them they deserve a better class than that, and we turn the rest of class into a free-form discussion session (what would now be called an AMA—Ask Me Anything—though I reserve the right to not answer questions about some things).

If I don't take responsibility for my words and actions, how can I expect them to do the same (and I do expect them to)? I take their praise and thanks, so I ought to be able to take their criticism too.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Has-a-professor-ever-apologized-to-a-student

Neteller here: www.ituglobalfx.com.ng

Sponsored Links:

Sponsored Links: