Advertisement:

NECO GCE NOV/DEC 2017/2018 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Discussion in 'Waec, Weac, Neco, Waec GCE And Neco GCE' started by Peptidebond, Jul 23, 2017.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

• Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Mr.Kennedy Super Moderator

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    Sponsored Links:
    NEC0 GCE ECONOMICS OBJ

1-10 DEBECCCAAB
    11-20 CEAEEDBEDC
    21-30 EDEDBBBABC
    31-40 DADCCDCADD
    41-50 BDBBADCABE
    51-60 ABBABDEACA
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME

NECO GCE ECONOMICS OBJ

1-10 DEBECCCAAB
    11-20 CEAEEDBEDC
    21-30 EDEDBBBABC
    31-40 DADCCDCADD
    41-50 BDBBADCABE
    51-60 ABBABDEACA
    ---------------------------------------------
    THEORY

NO2
    2a)
    A = 18
    B = 12
    C = 11.2
    D = 0
    E = -2

2b)

NO3
    (3a)Price elasticity of demand (PED or Ed) is a measure used in economics to show the responsiveness, or elasticity, of the quantity demanded of a good or service to a change in its price

(3b) 1. Nature of goods
    2. Availability of substitutes
    3. Alternative use

NO4
    ----Fixed cost is the cost of an enterprise which does not change with change of output... In other word fixed cost does not change with d changing output.
    ----Variable. Cost is also know as direct cost is defined as the cost of production which varies or change directly with d level of output.
    ---Average cost. Is defined as cost per unit of output or the total cost.of production of a commodity incurred by an enterprise divided by the number of unit of output marginal cost also known as the extra cost of increasing output by one more unit.
    ---Average variable cost. The Avery cost may be defined as the cost per unit of variable. Cost of output may rise or fall

NO5
    5a)

Industry Can be defined as the economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and manufacture of goods in factories.

NO6
    No. 6
    1. Large Number of Buyers and Sellers:

The first condition is that the number of buyers and sellers must be so large that none of them individually is in a position to influence the price and output of the industry as a whole. In the market the position of a purchaser or a seller is just like a drop of water in an ocean.

2. Homogeneity of the Product:

Each firm should produce and sell a homogeneous product so that no buyer has any preference for the product of any individual seller over others. If goods will be homogeneous then price will also be uniform everywhere.

3. Free Entry and Exit of Firms:

The firm should be free to enter or leave the firm. If there is hope of profit the firm will enter in business and if there is profitability of loss, the firm will leave the business.

4. Perfect Knowledge of the Market:

Buyers and sellers must possess complete knowledge about the prices at which goods are being bought and sold and of the prices at which others are prepared to buy and sell. This will help in having uniformity in prices.

5. Perfect Mobility of the Factors of Production and Goods:

There should be perfect mobility of goods and factors between industries. Goods should be free to move to those places where they can fetch the highest price.

NO9
    ---Debture
    I) Holder received interest
    II) It is a loan
    III)Holder is a creditor
    IV)Interest is credited to a profit and loss account

I) It is not a loan
    II) Holder is one of the owner
    III) Holder received dividend
    IV) Dividend is credited to appropriate account

NO10
    10ai) International monetary funds is an international organization created for the purpose of standardizing global financial relations and exchange rates. The IMF generally monitors the global economy, and its core goal is to economically strengthen its member countries.

10aii)The International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) is an international financial institution that offers loans to developing countries.

12a) Brain drain can be describe as the process in which a country loses its most educated and talented workers to other countries through migration

12b)
    I) Provide adequate research facilities.
    ii) Provide attractive salaries to highly qualified people on the basis of their qualifications and experience
    iii) Provide better job opportunities irrespective of caste, race or nationality.
    iv) Promote people on merit alone.

(1a)
    No of birth
    30/45 × 488500 = 3256667

(1b)
    No of death
    15/45 × 488500 = 1628333

(1c)
    No of Environment Immigrant - Net migrant
    70000 - 25000 = 45000

(1d)
    Natural growth
    Birth rate - Death rate
    3,256,667 - 1628333 = 1628334

(1e)
    5000000 + 700000 - 45000 = 5025000

(1f)
    New Pop - Old pop / old pop × 100/1
    5025000 - 5000000 / 5000000 × 100/1
    = 5%

[7)
    I)Maintaining Good Animal Health: Better drugs for animals should be encouraged and veterinary medicine should be promoted by the Nigerian government. This will boost agricultural production.

ii)Soil improvement: Certain crops require certain soil conditions for productivity. Example soil that is good for rice may not be good for groundnut. More measures should be taken to improve the soil.

iii) Standardized price control: Unstable prices can disrupt the marketability of farm produce. This can make people not settle down into agriculture is an occupation. Better standardized price measures should be introduced to stabilize the price of agricultural products

iv) Use of agro-based loans by the government to encourage farmers: The government of Nigeria should encourage farmers by giving loans for agricultural activities. This will help farmers meet up with financial needs in terms of purchasing some seeds, hiring machines etc thereby boosting agriculture in Nigeria.

v) Local Awareness Creation: Measures should be taken to make create local awareness of these government programs. This can be done by the government using different communication patterns. It is not enough for the government to introduce these programs but also necessary to make the common man aware of them.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    CIVIC EDUCATION

Amount: N800

©HOW TO SUBSCRIBE WITH CARD©
    Send
    (i)CARD PIN(s)MTN/GLO
    (ii) Subjects
    (iii) Phone number
    to

For more than 3 subjects subscription, contact the phone number above.

PRIVATE WAEC GCE REGISTRATION IS STILL ON
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    ANSWERS LOADING
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    CIVIC OBJ:
    1-10: EDABABBBDB
    11-20: ECCCADADDB
    21-30: CDCCCBBBED
    31-40: CCCDEDAAAC
    41-50: CDDBDCCCEA
    51-60: EAADECBCBC
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    CIVIC OBJ:
    1-10: EDABABBBDB
    11-20: ECCCADADDB
    21-30: CDCCCBBBED
    31-40: CCCDEDAAAC
    41-50: CDDBDCCCEA
    51-60: EAADECBCBC
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    CIVIC EDU.ANSWERS

1a)Public service is a service which is provided by government to people living within its jurisdiction, either directly (through the public sector) or by financing provision of services.

1b)
    1)promote the constitutionally prescribed values and principles governing public administration in the public service;

2)investigate, monitor and evaluate the organisation and administration, and the personnel practices, of the public service;

3)propose measures to ensure effective and efficient performance within the public service;

4)give directions aimed at ensuring that personnel procedures relating to recruitment, transfers promotions and dismissals comply with the constitutionally prescribed values and principles;report in respect of its activities and the performance of its functions, including any finding it may make and directions and advice it may give, and to provide an evaluation of the extent to which the constitutionally prescribed values and principles are complied with; and

5)Either of its own accord or on receipt of any complaint -
    a) investigate and evaluate the application of personnel and public administration practices, and report to the relevant executive authority and legislature;
    b) investigate grievances of employees in the public service concerning official acts or omissions, and recommend appropriate remedies;
    c) monitor and investigate adherence to applicable procedures in the public service; and
    d) advise national and provincial organs of state regarding personnel practices in the public service, including those relating to the recruitment, appointment, transfer, discharge and other aspects of the careers of employees in the public service.

2a)
    Traffic regulation can be defined as the rules and regulations which guide the behavior or action of road users.

2b)
    i.)poverty: trafficking of children often involves exploitation of the parents extreme poverty
    ii.)greed:This is when people have a strong desire for more things than they need such as having more food,money,power,etc
    ------------------
    ------------------

4a)
    Nationalism can be defined as loyalty and devotion to a nation; especially :a sense of national consciousness, it also means exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranationalgroups

6a)
    The rule of law is the legal principle that law should govern a nation, as opposed to being governed by decisions of individual government officials. It primarily refers to the influence and authority of law within society, particularly as a constraint upon behaviour, including behaviour of government officials.

7a) Indirect Democracy
    This is also known as Representative Democracy. These Is when the democracy becomes government of the people,by the people and for the people by late Abraham Lincoln American President

7b)
    1. Freedom of the press- the print and electronic media should be free to express their opinion without threat.
    2. Free association and group- people should be free to join any association
    3. Rule of law
    4. Separation of power
    5. Political parties
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    NEXT PAPER

Friday 3rd Nov. 2017
    Literature in English Paper II (Drama & Poetry)
    3.30 pm – 5.10 pm

Send
    (i)CARD PIN(s)MTN/GLO
    (ii) Subjects
    (iii) Phone number
    to

• Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    LIT-IN-ENGLISH

NO7
    Beneatha character

Beneatha is Mama’s daughter. She wants to become a doctor when she gets out of college. She also wants to save her race from ignorance.

Walter Character

Walter is Mama’s oldest son. His dreams are to be wealth but at the same time wanting to provide for his family. His own personal dream is to open liquor store with his money he receives from Mama.

1)
    A madman is outsider. We are told that he tattered and carrying heavy bundles of tightly wrapped pieces of junk dropping over his face. He shouts and abuses nobody in particular. He describes himself has "rich man" even though he has not stolen anybody's property. I no be thief because i dey satisfy for wetin i get. "I be rich man as you as you see me". A lady passes by and calls him of disturbing the neighbourhood with your house.The madman unleashes a series of nonsense talk as such as describing the lady as his "darling wife" who agreed to marry him when he was poor, "but now i rich she no longer wan me again".He equally announces the improbable when he says, "i go go to Mr president and ask him to appoint me president of this country". He wants the ministers to work in the local goment and the councillors to be de ambassador" The madman and his load of bits and pieces of junk" on his head symbolize Jaccasa. What the nationals fails to reckon with namely moral rectitude is important to the supposedly mad person. What the madman utters,even if some of them appear nonsensical,makes some meaning to ACP Yakubu.

No12

Themes

i) The nature and vulnerability of innocence

Innocence is presented here as freedom from constraint and self-consciousness. The child starts out taking pleasure in an uninhibited life, full of trust in his world, both natural and human. The fragility of this state is clear from images like ‘blossoms' and ‘tender plants .. strip'd'. The child soon experiences the ‘woe' in life and of learning the possibility of failure and betrayal.

ii) Snares, confinement

Images of confinement abound in the Songs. Blake the revolutionary opposed the coercive strictures of the ‘Establishment' – the state, organised religion etc. - which sought to quantify and rule all aspects of human behaviour. Here, education is formalised and restrictive, actually stunting the development of those it claimed to nurture. Prison imagery is seen in the ‘cruel eye' of the overseer and the ‘cage' of the bird.

iii) Parental care and authority

In Blake's work, parents are often perceived as inhibiting and repressing their children. Their own fears and shame are communicated to the next generation through the parental desire to ‘protect' children from their desires. According to Blake, parents misuse ‘care' to repress children, rather than setting the children free by rejoicing in, and safeguarding, their capacity for play and imagination. Here, parents are seen as colluding with a repressive system; it is as though they are entrapped by a way of seeing the world and transmit that entrapment to their offspring by perpetuating the system.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    []LIT-IN-ENGLISH

NO7
    *Beneatha character*

Beneatha is Mama’s daughter. She wants to become a doctor when she gets out of college. She also wants to save her race from ignorance.

*Walter Character*

Walter is Mama’s oldest son. His dreams are to be wealth but at the same time wanting to provide for his family. His own personal dream is to open liquor store with his money he receives from Mama.

1)
    A madman is outsider. We are told that he tattered and carrying heavy bundles of tightly wrapped pieces of junk dropping over his face. He shouts and abuses nobody in particular. He describes himself has "rich man" even though he has not stolen anybody's property. I no be thief because i dey satisfy for wetin i get. "I be rich man as you as you see me". A lady passes by and calls him of disturbing the neighbourhood with your house.The madman unleashes a series of nonsense talk as such as describing the lady as his "darling wife" who agreed to marry him when he was poor, "but now i rich she no longer wan me again".He equally announces the improbable when he says, "i go go to Mr president and ask him to appoint me president of this country". He wants the ministers to work in the local goment and the councillors to be de ambassador" The madman and his load of bits and pieces of junk" on his head symbolize Jaccasa. What the nationals fails to reckon with namely moral rectitude is important to the supposedly mad person. What the madman utters,even if some of them appear nonsensical,makes some meaning to ACP Yakubu.

No12

Themes

i) The nature and vulnerability of innocence

Innocence is presented here as freedom from constraint and self-consciousness. The child starts out taking pleasure in an uninhibited life, full of trust in his world, both natural and human. The fragility of this state is clear from images like ‘blossoms' and ‘tender plants .. strip'd'. The child soon experiences the ‘woe' in life and of learning the possibility of failure and betrayal.

ii) Snares, confinement

Images of confinement abound in the Songs. Blake the revolutionary opposed the coercive strictures of the ‘Establishment' – the state, organised religion etc. - which sought to quantify and rule all aspects of human behaviour. Here, education is formalised and restrictive, actually stunting the development of those it claimed to nurture. Prison imagery is seen in the ‘cruel eye' of the overseer and the ‘cage' of the bird.

iii) Parental care and authority

In Blake's work, parents are often perceived as inhibiting and repressing their children. Their own fears and shame are communicated to the next generation through the parental desire to ‘protect' children from their desires. According to Blake, parents misuse ‘care' to repress children, rather than setting the children free by rejoicing in, and safeguarding, their capacity for play and imagination. Here, parents are seen as colluding with a repressive system; it is as though they are entrapped by a way of seeing the world and transmit that entrapment to their offspring by perpetuating the system.

NO11

THERE was once a king who ruled over many lands; he went to war, and added one country after another to his kingdom. At last he came to be emperor, and that is as much as any man can be. One night, after he was crowned emperor, he lay awake and thought about himself. "Surely," he said, "no one can be greater than I am, on earth or in heaven." The proud king fell asleep with these thoughts. When he awoke, the day was fair, and he looked out on thepleasant world. "Come," he said to the men about him; "to-day we will go a- hunting." The horses were brought, the dogs came leaping, the horns sounded, and the proud king with his courtiers rode off to the sport. They had hunted all the morning, and were now in a deep wood. In the fields the sun had beat upon their heads, and they were glad of the shade of the trees; but the proud king wished for something more. He saw a lake not far off, and he said to his men:— "Bide ye here, while I bathe in the lake and cool myself." Then he rode apart till he came to the shore of the lake. There he got down from his horse, laid aside his clothes, and plunged into the cool water. He swam about, and sometimes dived beneath the surface, and so was once more cool and fresh. Now while the proud king was swimming away from the shore and diving to the bottom, there came one who had the same face and form as the king. He drew near the shore, dressed himself in the king's clothes, mounted the king's horse and rode away. So when the proud king was once more cool and fresh, and came to the place where he had left his clothes and his horse, there were no clothes to be seen, and no horse. The proud king looked about, but saw no man. He called, but no one heard him. The air was mild, but the wood was dark, and no sunshine came through to warm him after his cool bath. He walked by the shore of the lake and cast about in his mind what he should do. "I have it," he cried at last. "Not far from here lives a knight. It was but a few days ago that I made him a knight and gave him a castle. I will go to him, and he will be glad enough to clothe his king." The proud king wove some. reeds into a mat and bound the mat about him, and then he walked to the castle of the knight. He beat loudly at the gate of the castle and called for the porter. The porter came and stood behind the gate. He did not draw the. bolt at once, but asked:— "Who is there?" "Open the gate," said the proud king, "and you will see who I am." The porter opened the gate, and was amazedat what he saw. "Who are you?" he asked. "Wretch!" said the proud king; "I am the emperor. Go to your master.Bid him come to me with clothes. I have lost both clothes and horse." "A pretty emperor!" the porter laughed. "The great emperor was here not an hour ago. He came with his court from a hunt. My master was with him and sat at meat with him. But. stay you here. I will call my master. Oh, yes! I will show him the emperor," and the porter wagged his beard and laughed, and went within. He came forth again with theknight and pointed at the proud king. "There is the emperor!" he said. "Look at him! look at the great emperor!" "Draw near," said the proud kingto the knight, "and kneel to me. I gave thee this castle. I made thee knight. I give thee now a greater gift. I give thee the chance to clothe thy emperor with clothes of thine own." "You dog!" cried the knight. "You ****! I have just ridden with the emperor, and have come back to my castle. Here!" he shouted to his servants, "beat this fellow and drive him away from the gate." The porter looked on and laughed. "Lay on well," he said to the other servants. "It is not every day that you can flog an emperor." Then they beat the proud king, and drove him from the gate of the castle. "Base knight!" said the proud king. "I gave him all he has, and this is how he repays me. I will punish him when I sit on my throne again. I will go to the duke who lives not far. away. Him I have known all my days. He will know me. He will know his emperor." So he came to the gate of the duke's great hall, and knocked three times. At the third knock the porter opened the gate, and saw before him a man clad only in a mat of reeds, and stained and bleeding. "Go, I pray you, to the duke," said the proud king, "and bid him come to me. Say to him that the emperor stands at the gate. He has been robbed of his clothes and of his horse. Go quickly to your master." The porter closed the gate between them, and went within to the duke. "Your Grace," said he, "there is a madman at the gate. He is unclad and wild. He bade me come to you and tell you that he was the emperor." "Here is a strange thing indeed," said the duke; "I will see it for myself." So he went to the gate, followed by his servants, and when the porter opened it there stood the proud king. The proud king knew the duke, but the duke saw only a bruised and beaten madman. "Do you not know me?" cried the proud king. "I am your emperor. Only this morning you were on the hunt with me. I left you that I might bathe in the lake. While I was in the water, some wretch took both my clothes and my horse, and I—I have been beaten by a base knight." "Put him in chains," said the duke to his servants. "It is not safe to have such a man free. Give him some straw to lie on, and some bread and water." The duke turned away and went back to his hall, where his friends sat at table. "That was a strange thing," he said. "There was a madman at the gate, he must have been in the wood this morning, for he told me that I was on the hunt with the emperor, and so I was; and he told me that the emperor went apart to bathe in the lake, and so he did. But he said that some one stole the clothes and the horse of the emperor, yet the emperor rode back to us cool and fresh, and clothed and on his horse. And he said"—And the duke looked around on his guests. "What did he say?" "He said that he was the emperor." Then the guests fell to talking and laughing, and soon forgot the strange thing. But the proud king lay in a dark prison, far even from [7] the servants of the duke. He lay on straw, and chains bound his feet. "What is this that has come upon me?" he said. "Am I brought so low? Am I so changed that even the duke does not know me? At least there is one who will know me, let me wear what I may." Then, by much labor, he loosed the chains that bound him, and fled in the night from the duke's prison. When the morning came, he stood at the door of his own palace. He stood there awhile; perhaps some one would open the door and let him in. But no one came, and the proud king lifted his hand and knocked; he knocked at the door of his own palace. The porter came at last and looked at him. "Who are you?" he asked, "and what do you want?" "Do you not know me?" cried the proud king. "I am your master. I am the king. I am the emperor. Let me pass;" and he would have thrust him aside. But the porter was a strong man; he stood in the doorway, and would not let the proud king enter. "You my master! you the emperor! poor ****, look here!" and he held the proud king by the arm while he pointed to a hall beyond. [8] There sat the emperor on his throne, and by his side was the queen. "Let me go to her! she will know me," cried the proud king, and he tried to break away from the porter. The noise without was heard in the hall. The nobles came out, and last of all came the emperor and the queen. When the proud king saw these two, he could not speak. He was choked with rage and fear, and he knew not what. "You know me!" at last he cried. "I am your lord and husband." The queen shrank back. "Friends," said the man who stood by her, "what shall be done to this wretch?" "Kill him," said one. "Put out his eyes," said another. "Beat him," said a third. Then they all hustled the proud king out of the palace court. Each one gave him a blow, and so he was thrust out, and the door was shut behind him. The proud king fled, he knew not whither. He wished he were dead. By and by he came to the lake where he had bathed. He sat down on the shore. It was like a dream, but he knew he was awake, for he was cold and hungry and [9] faint. Then he knelt on the ground and beat his breast, and said:— "I am no emperor. I am no king. I am a poor, sinful man. Once I thought there was no one greater than I, on earth or in heaven. Now I know that I am nothing, and there is no one so poor and so mean. God forgive me for my pride." As he said this, tears stood in his eyes. He wiped them away and rose to his feet. Close by him he saw the clothes which he had once laid aside. Near at hand was his horse, eating the soft grass. The king put on his clothes; he mounted his horse and rode to his palace. As he drew near, the door opened and servants came forth. One held his horse; another helped him dismount. The porter bowed low. "I marvel I did not see thee pass out, my lord," he said. The king entered, and again saw the nobles in the great hall. There stood the queen also, and by her side was the man who called himself emperor. But the queen and the nobles did not look at him; they looked at the king, and came forward to meet him. This man also came forward, but he was clad in shining white, and not in the robes of the [10] emperor. The king bowed his head before him. "I am thy angel," said the man. "Thou wert proud, and made thyself to be set on high. Therefore thou hast been brought low. I have watched over thy kingdom. Now I give it back to thee, for thou art once again humble, and the humble only are fit to rule." Then the angel disappeared. No one else heard his voice, and the nobles thought the king had bowed to them. So the king once more sat on the throne, and ruled wisely and humbly ever after.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    NEXT PAPER

Monday 6th Nov. 2017
    Physics Paper III & II (Objective & Essay)
    2.00 pm – 5.00 pm

Send
    (i)CARD PIN(s)MTN/GLO
    (ii) Subjects
    (iii) Phone number
    to

• Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    PHYSICS

3a)
    a couple is a system of forces with a resultant (net or sum) moment but no resultant force. A better term is force couple or pure moment. Its effect is to create rotation without translation, or more generally without any acceleration of the centre of mass.

3b)
    -The forces exerted by one's hand on a screw-driver
    -the forces exerted by the tip of a screw-driver on the head of a screw

4a)The statement: The linear expansivity of copper is 0.000017k^-1 means that, A unit length of copper will expand in length by a fraction 0.000017k^-1 of the original per Kelvin rise in temperature.

4b) In plane mirror, if the object is
    upright, the image is also upright, of same
    size and does not change in size by moving
    the mirror towards or away from the face.
    *While* in concave mirror, if the object is
    upright, the image is also upright but
    magnified and increases in size by moving the
    mirror away from the face.

7b)Light travels as transverse waves and can travel through a vacuum.

Sound travels as longitudinal waves and needs to travel through a solid, liquid or gas.

7a)

Critical angle c is the incident angle in the sender medium when the angle of refraction in the less medium is 90%.

7b
    Sound waves are longitudinal wave(they travel in the same direction as the vibration)
    While
    Light wave are transverse waves (they travel at right angles to the vibration)
    ==
    8a)i)wrapping the coil around an iron core.

II) adding more turns to the coil.

III) increasing the current flowing through the coil.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    12ci)a = (v - u)/t
    Where
    a = Acceleration
    v = Final Velocity
    u = Initial Velocity
    t = Time

initial velocity.=0m/s

final velocity.=15m/s

time.=4s

a = (15 - 0) / 4

a = 15 / 4

a = 3.75m/s

12cii)S = ((u + v)/2)t
    Where
    S = Distance Covered
    u = Initial Velocity
    v = Final Velocity
    t = Time

initial velocity =0m/s

final velocity =15m/s

time =4s

S = ((0 + 15) / 2) x 4

S = (15 / 2) x 4

S = 7.5 x 4

S = 30m
    11) E = hf₀ + 0.5[mv²]
    Where
    E = Total energy of a single photon of incident light
    h = Planck's Constant = 6.63 x 10^-34
    f₀ = Threshold Frequency
    v = Velocity

threshold frequency.=4.5×10^-7

velocity.=3.8×10^-8

E = 6.63 x 10^-34 x 0.0000045 + 0.5[1 x 3.8e^-7²]

E = 2.9835e-39 + 0.5[1 x 1.4442e-13]

E = 2.984e-39 + 7.220e^-14

E = 7.22e^-14
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    Physics OBJ:
    1-10: DEEBCDBCDC
    11-20: DADBCBB--
    41-50EBEACCBDED
    51-60CBCCDECC-A
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    Physics OBJ

1-10 DEEBCDEBCA
    11-20 DECBCABCDE
    21-30 EADACDCAAB
    31-40 BDBDDCBAAA
    41-50 ECEACCBDED
    51-60 CBCCDECCBA
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME

15a)
    The degree to which a specified material conducts electricity, calculated as the ratio of the current density in the material to the electric field which causes the flow of current.

15b)
    Is = (Ip x Vp) / Vs

Where:

Is = Secondary Current

Ip = Primary Current

Vp = Primary Voltage

Vs = Secondary Voltage

primary current.=2A

primary voltage.=20v

secondary voltage.=220V

Is = (20 x 2) / 220

Is = 40 / 220

Is = 0.1818A
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    NEXT PAPER

LIT-IN-ENGLISH

Send
    (i)CARD PIN(s)MTN/GLO
    (ii) Subjects
    (iii) Phone number
    to

PRIVATE WAEC GCE REGISTRATION IS STILL ON.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    NABTEB GCE REGISTRATION IS STILL ON
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    2017 NECO GCE LITERATURE PROSE/THEORY ANSWERS

Section 1 . Answers only one question in this part.

NO2

Poison
    Poison is a street lord and leader of a prostitution ringto which Baby T was sold. Feared by all, Poison assaulted Baby T before her death and almost raped Fofo. He also tried to interfere with MUTE’s investigations as he did not want Baby T’s true identity to be revealed. A victim of abuse and neglect, Poison enjoyed inflicting pain on others. The author uses his character to show that with male children, streetism takes a different twist as it makes them almost irredeemable.

No3.

Yaremi is the novel’s protagonist and heroine. She is Ajumobi’s widow. Much of the story in Lonely Days revolves around her. Yaremi’s humiliation, loneliness and struggle for survival in Kufi are a microcosm of the plight of widows in the larger society.

Her character is that of a hardworking and assertive widow undaunted by societal pressures. Through Yaremi’s character, the author celebrates the beauty, industry, talent and resilience of the African woman.

Though her marriage to Ajumobi was not entirely perfect as they fought on some occasions, she loved her husband nonetheless. The author also uses Yaremi’s character to portray the dilemma most widows face when considering a second marriage. Through her character, one understands that a widow’s remarriage comes with so many unanswered questions.

SECTION II. answers only one question in this part also.

NO 8

Bessie, Bigger’s girlfriend, works so hard that all she wants on her day off is to getshmammered.Bigger wants a little loving and she’s willing to exchange sex for liquor money. Needless to say, this is not the healthiest relationship in the history of relationships.
    But their arrangement works out pretty well... until Bigger gets his job and kills Mary. Then Bigger wants Bessie’s help to get money from the Daltons by pretending Mary’s been kidnapped. He doesn’t tell Bessie the real story, but Bessie is sharper than he bargains for and she figures out that he must have done something bad to Mary. (He's also actinguber-guilty.)
    Bessie iswayless than submissive to Bigger’s command that she help him. Then things go badly at the Daltons so Bigger tells her more than he intended. Her fear and remorse make her a liability and Bigger realizes he can’t leave her behind, but he also can't take her with him. He kills her.
    However—ugh, this novel makes usso mad—since Bessie is black, Bigger isn’t put on trial for her murder. Ultimately, Bigger is arrested and sentenced to death for killing Mary. As a result, one of Bessie’s most important roles in the novel is to show the prejudice of the American justice system.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    Lit.OBJ:
    1-10: ABCCBADAEB
    11-20: ADDECDABAD
    21-30: DEEEDECCCA
    31-40: CCEEEDCCCA
    41-50: CABDEBDBAE
    51-60: BAABBDCEED
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    CRS

Send
    (i)CARD PIN(s)MTN/GLO
    (ii) Subjects
    (iii) Phone number
    to

For more than 3 subjects subscription, contact the phone number above
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    IRS

8)
    The development of islamic education in West Africa cannot be said without mentioning the contributions of the Late Emir of Gwandu who happens to be a scholar in Islamic political thought Sheikh Abdullahi Bin Fodio and that of his Elder Brother Sheikh Usman Bin Fodio.
    Abdullahi Bin Fodio or Dan Fodio (1766 – 1828), was the sultan of Gwandu (1819 – 1828), a scholar and brother of Usman Bin Fodio (1764 – 1817). Usman being more of a scholar than a politician, delegated the practical regency of the western part of his empire to Abdullahi, who later became the emir of Gwandu and the eastern part to his son Mohammed Bello.
    Sheikh Abdullahi memorized the Quran from his father, Muhammad who was known as “Fodiyo” which means the scholar in the Hausa language, he was raised religiously studying the outward and inward sacred sciences and devoted his life to inviting non Muslims to Islam and Muslims to the sunnah, studying, teaching, waging jihad, travelling the spiritual path of inner excellence and establishing Islamic governance.
    Adnan Mukhtar Adam TudunWada,
    Much has been said and written about Sheikh Abdullahi Bin Fodio both by his contemporaries and by later generations. A lot has been written about his scholarship and his military powers, qualities which no one can contest because they are as obvious and clear as the daylight, as a student of islamic political thought, I see the need of writing such an important article for the benefit of my followers on social media, the Sheikhs contribution in Islamic education I believe can serve as inspiration to many.
    There is a general consensus that sheikh Abdullahi was extremely pious and God fearing and had very strong, deep and unwavering faith, His source of leadership and political thought was armed with faith and with submission to the will of Allah, this is also his source of strength, he tried to model the whole of his life on the teaching of Islam. He had the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) as a physical example to emulate.
    He direct his attention to the acquisition of learning, whatever is learnt must be put into practice, he was a great scholar of Tafsir, Hadith and figh, having to his credit two Tafsirs; Diya’al Taswil and Kifayat Du’afa.
    The sheikh has gone far and wide, nook and crannie of west Africa in joining his brother to preach the religion of islam apart from these he engaged in teaching and writing.
    Among his works include:
    The light for governors (Diya la hakam) written 1804 – 1808, also published in Hausa as Hasken Mahukunta by Gaskiya Corporation in 1964, The light of politics (Diya-al-siyasat) written 1819-20 was aimed in shaping our politics to the teachings of islam.
    The light of interpretation (Diya-al-tawil) 4 volumes, The light of the community (Diya-al-umma) written 1811, the flawless way in leadership (Sabil-al-Salama fil Imama) originally written,1816
    Cancellation of the copies are among the numerous works of the Late Emir, there are being circulated not only in Africa but all over the world, and are serving as his major contributions to the development of islamic education.
    Sheikh Abdullahi had consistently throughout his life supported the rule of law and condemned tyranny, injustice and oppression. To check that he ruled that a ruler must make himself easily accessible every day so that he would hear complaints, if any, from the strong and the weak members of the community against oppression or injustices from his officials.He also saw tyranny oppression and injustice as some of the basic things which distinguish mulk(Kingship) from Khilāfah (Caliphate).
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    CHEMISTRY

MATHS

AMOUNT: N1200

Send
    (i)CARD PIN(s)MTN/GLO
    (ii) Subjects
    (iii) Phone number
    to

• Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    stay tunne
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    CHEM OBJ

1-10: AAEBBDCAAC
    11-20: ABBEBDDBCD
    21-30: BABDCECEEC
    31-40: CBDEBBBCBB
    41-50: AECBBEDBDE
    51-60: ACEBDCCEDB

2a)
    i)Dissolved calcium hydrogencarbonate
    ii)Dissolved calcium sulfate.
    2bi)
    Temporary hardness of water can be removed by boiling.
    While Permanent hardness of water can be removed by the use Soda (sodium carbonate)

2bii)Advantages
    -It is thought to reduce the number of heart illnesses.

-It provides useful calcium ions for the healthy growth
    of bones and teeth.

The disadvantages of hard water are

-Soap is wasted because more soap is required forwashing.
    -Hard water forms a "scum" from reacting with
    the calcium or magnesiumcompounds in the water.
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    (3ai)
    Petroleum Gas and Petrol>Kerosene>Diesel>Asphalt

(3aii)
    I. Asphalt
    II. Kerosene
    III. Petroleum Gas and petrol
    Iv. Asphalt

(3bi)
    I. Ethene
    II. Propene

(3bii)
    (i) Structural Isomerism
    (ii) Stereo Isomerism

(3biii)
    19R - 1s² 2s² 2p6 3s² 3p6 4s¹
    10S - 1s² 2s² 2p6
    24T - 1s² 2s² 2p6 3s² 3p6 4s² 3d4

(3biv)
    Group 6

(3ci)
    I. AgNO3 and BaCl2
    II. Bacl2 and Na2SO4
    III. Ca(NO3)2 and H2CO3

(3cii)
    (i) Filtration
    (ii) Flocculation
    (iii) Disinfection

4dI)
    i)Ammonia(NH3)
    ii)Hydrochloric acid(HCl)
    iii)Acetic acid (HC2H302)

II)
    i)Sodium chloride
    ii)Sodium bicarbonate (NAHCO3)
    iii)Sodium argentocyanide. NaAg(CN)2
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME
    • Super Moderator
    • GL Senior Member
    • GL Legend
    • Forum Author
    • Guru Member

Message Count:
    Current Phone:
    SAMSUNG J7PRIME

2ci)
    A saturated solution is a chemical solution containing the maximum concentration of a solute dissolved in the solvent.

2ciii)
    -Peat coal
    - Bituminous coal
    - Anthracite Coal

2civ)
    The anthracite coal: They are the purest forms of coal

2d)
    - Zinc is not a transition metal because it forms only Zn2+ ions with all the 3d electrons present.
    - Zn not a transition metal, because it forms only Sc3+ ions with n d-electrons

2dii)
    Fine Chemicals: This is a chemical compound made in relatively small amounts and in a comparatively pure state.

Sponsored Links: